Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Interview with Kimberly of KimmieKarmaLove

An excerpt from Kimmie’s blog page; About me:

pr1

My name is Kimberly and I'm a 24 year old living the life! I live in California with my Husband and three dogs. I love color and love to wear makeup!

One of the things that motivated me to start this blog was to share the genuinely good products with other people like me. I've bought enough of the crappy stuff and wanted others to know what was out there! I also love to help indie companies get their name out there or to promote awesome products! Kimberly Marquez


KimmieKarmaLove
http://kimmiekarmalove.blogspot.com/

The Interview:

Favorites

Foundation: I don't really wear foundation a lot but when I do I love my Brazen Cosmetics foundation.
Blush: Commercial: Tarte's Blissful-Indie: Fyrinnae's Charm
Mascara: L'Oreal Collegan Elastin
Eyeliner: Maybelline Stilleto
Primer: UDPP
Eyeshadow: Fyrinnae's Darling Misfit
Lipstick or Gloss: L'Oreal HiP's Arresting


Q: How did you come up with the name KimmieKarmaLove?

A: Kimmie has always been my nickname from friends and family and I've used Karma as a screenname for games and such for as long as I can remember. I just needed something to tie them together and love worked!

Q: What made you decide to start blogging?

A: I originally started blogging to show my art journals and other things I made and when I discovered my love for makeup I had the perfect outlet!

Q: Do you have any tips for readers who want to start a blog and/or get more followers?

A: Just be yourself and be genuine. Don't try and fake anything because your readers and others bloggers will find out. People want to be able to relate to you and know that you're a real person. Good photos don't hurt either.

Q: Some issues discussed in the makeup blogosphere can attract a lot of heated debate. How do you, personally, control comment wars?

A: I try to stay out of them! I've had some comment wars on my blog and if I get involved it just gets worse. Fortunately, I also have amazing readers that have come to my defense in certain situations.

Q: What are your top three favorite blogs to read?

A: Stay Beautiful-Eyeliner and Spraypaint
Fit Foodie Finds
Confessions of a Glitterholic

Q: What are some of your favorite posts to write?

A: I love to write reviews! I get very excited about new companies and new products that I think are of great quality.

Indie VS Commercial brands

Q: Which do you prefer?

A: Indie all the way!

Q: What do you like the most about commercial brands?

A: Availability. I can easily go to many different stores to find almost anything I need.

Q: What do you like the most about indie brands?

A: I think the one thing I like most about indie brands is the fact that there are literally a million options for consumers. What you want is only limited by your imagination. I also love the fact that with indie brands I personally have the chance to get to know the person behind the brand, that really is priceless for me.

Q: What would you suggest consumers do before purchasing from an indie company?

A: Do a lot of research. You will be spending your money on a company that isn't necessarily known all over the country and it's no fun getting product that's not worth what you paid or isn't what you thought.


A big thank you to Kimberly for taking the time to do an interview for us!

-Tina

DragonsLogo12

No comments:

Post a Comment