Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Future of Dark Heart

 

The blog is back! I’m sorry for the short hiatus. I’m trying to work my way through a blogging schedule I can manage while working a full time job during the day, working on DHD in the evenings, and taking care of things at home. Now, I have some good news, and some bad news. Mostly good though.

The bad:

As some of you may know, one of the major cosmetic ingredient suppliers canceled one of their most popular mica lines. What that means for Dark Heart Designs, and a lot of other indie brands, is that they’ll either have to change their colors/products, or close their company.

The good:

In our case, I’m going to carry DHD through it’s first evolution. You haven’t seen the last of us. I consider this loss as a challenge. Now I have a excuse to try and change the depth and individuality of my colors. You can be sure DHD is never repackaged. If it was, we’d be out of business as of now. Instead, I hope you’ll continue to follow me through this product evolution and be a fan of DHD.

The bad:

I’ve watched quite a few makeup companies hit the spotlight lately, and not in a good way. There have been issues with repackaging, selling neon pigments (that are not safe to use on your eyes or lips), mislabeling, and more. It’s all really sad because people put their trust in a brand, and instead they’re being lied to, or even hurt. I’m not on a high horse, because I make mistakes as well. It’s not about not being able to make mistakes. It’s all about how you correct them, and where your heart is in the matter. I hope you’ll keep that in mind if you’re reading any of the blogs on the topic.

The good:

I’m working with another blogger, Amanda of The Eyes Have It, to create a site that will help people find safe indie companies. Companies that set the example for safe, correctly labeled cosmetics & trustworthy shopping. We’re only throwing ideas back and forth now, but the work will start soon. Keep reading the blog to find out more!

Thanks for reading lovelies.

 

DragonsLogo1

No comments:

Post a Comment