Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An interview with Wendi of Makeup Zombie

 

An excerpt from Wendi’s blog page; About the Zombie:


 

Wendi

My name is Wendi and I'm 31 years old. I'm a former working mother ( I stay at home now!) of 3. (2 boys and 1 girl) who's found an intense passion for makeup. I lost my Dad a year ago to colon cancer and makeup became a journey into self discovery more than anything else for me. The past year has been a lot of fun. I adore anything having to do with Zombies, just because I think they are so fuckin' cool. I wear "darker" makeup, but I wouldn't put myself into any certain "slot" when it comes to who I am. I'm just all over the place and that's how I like it.


I blog for ME. I love my fans, followers, fellow Zombie lovers, but at the end of the day, this blog is for me and a way to express myself. I don't do it for free makeup, I don't do it because I'm seeking any sort of acknowledgment. I do it to spread the word about wonderful products out there for others to enjoy. I've also made a lot of new friends and that's made it all worth while too.

Wendi Girven
The Makeup Zombie
http://makeupzombie1.blogspot.com/

 

The Interview:

Favorites

Foundation: Rimmel Matte foundation
Blush: Hard Candy "Living Doll" and Fyrinnae "Captivate"
Mascara: Maybelline Falsies in Very Black
Eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen for upper Loreal Infallible Liner for lower
Primer: Pixie Epoxy and UDPP in Sin
Eyeshadow: OOO that's a tough one. I have so many. Fyrinnae is my favorite brand if I had to choose.
Lipstick or Gloss: Rimmel "Just So" Lipstick


Q: How did you come up with the name Makeup Zombie & what was the inspiration behind that name?

A: Well, I love Makeup and Zombies and I thought Beauty and Braaaaains was a catchy phrase. So it all just came together.


Q: What made you decide to start blogging?

A: I started watching YouTube videos and decided "Hey, I should do that, but with a blog and COOLER!"

Q: Do you have any tips for readers who want to start a blog and/or get more followers?

A: Just write what you know/love. Do something creative with your blog, blog frequently and involve and engage your readers.

Q: Some issues discussed in the makeup blogosphere can attract a lot of heated debate. How do you, personally, control comment wars?

A: Well, I try not to blog about those heated issues, unless it's something that hits home personally. Then, I try to politely, and tactfully state my case. Usually by doing so, there isn't much room for debate. But, if I'm personally attacked, I attack right back. There is no way around it. Everyone has their own opinions.


Q: What are your top three favorite blogs to read?

A: I love Glitterismycrack because she's is so creative and gorgeous. I also like Just Peachy because she takes a more neutral side to makeup and Christopher and Tia because it's just a cute "unrealted to makeup" blog. I also love my best friend's blog Kitschy Suburbia.


Q: I've noticed you sometimes publish posts with your daughter. How do you feel about children wearing makeup?

A: I actually won't let me daughter wear makeup until she's old enough to tastefully do it herself. I honestly think that 6 year olds on YouTube posting about the latest MAC collection is just wrong. Let kids be kids people! But nailpolish, that's something my baby girl and I can enjoy together.

 

Indie VS Commercial brands


Q: Which do you prefer?

A: Indie- much more pigmented!

Q: What do you like the most about commercial brands?

A: I like that they are readily available in stores and you don't have to wait for an order. But other than that, I prefer Indie.

Q: What do you like the most about indie brands?

A: The products are unique and handmade (in most cases). You can create custom colors by working with the owners. The customer service is friendly and you most of the time end up making new friends.


Q: What would you suggest consumers do before purchasing from an indie company?

A: Research the company, order samples ahead of time to test the product.


A big thank you to Wendi for taking the time to do an interview for us!

-Tina

DragonsLogo

No comments:

Post a Comment