Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Etsy Haul Part 1 - Old Wives' Tale Soaps

I've recently been trading a lot with other Etsy sellers. It's given me a chance to get handmade gifts for my friends & family, get to know my fellow Etsy sellers, & find some great items. In all I've really enjoyed it. I'm going to take the next few posts to go over some of the things I've got already.




The first person I traded with is Jessica of Old Wives' Tale Soaps. From the beginning Jessica was extremely friendly & her customer service is excellent. I traded with her for two lotion bars, which are shown in the picture above. She has a wonderful selection of scents in her shop. I chose Victorian Rose (the rose), & Aloe Rain (the other round bar).

Victorian Rose has a soft rose scent that reminds me of my grandmother. Aloe Rain is perhaps my favorite. The bars are thick and very similar to a soap bar, however, when you rub the bar on your skin it softens with your body heat. When you initially touch the bars, you might get the impression that they leave behind a greasy residue. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it does the opposite. It instantly softens your skin and leaves a pleasant scent. The bars also make incredible carpet cleaners. I dropped it once and it picked up everything within a two foot radius. Ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration. I did spend about five minutes trying to get the carpet fuzz of it. Overall, I was highly satisfied & will definitely be getting more in the near future. I seriously suggest you check her shop out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I traded with her too! I got a bath bomb for a friend's Christmas gift. It smells amazing and the packaging was the best I received so far from an Etsy seller. I won't even need to wrap it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Nicole! I looove the smell of the lotion bar. I don't think I'm ever going to be using anything else now. I'm curious about the bath bomb too now. :)

Old Wives' Tale Soaps said...

Thank you for the blog spotlight. IT means a lot! Your blog is awesome :)

xoxo,
Jessica@Old Wives' Tale Soaps

Follow Old Wives' Tale on Facebook yet?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11188&id=125279197516742&saved#!/pages/South-Saint-Paul-MN/Old-Wives-Tale-Soaps/125279197516742

Post a Comment