Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday: St. Valentine’s Sunset

 In an effort to prepare for our Valentine’s campaign, I’ve been trying to do a few looks with our more romantic colors. Here’s what you’ll need:

Dark Heart Designs colors:

  • Tequila Sunrise Shadow
  • Toxic Shadow (This color contains carmine. Substitute Pink Nights if you wish)
  • Wine Red Shadow
  • Paparazzi Shadow
  • Teenage Dream Lip Slick

Other makeup I used:

  • Mary Kay Foundation 
  • Blush (A trial type of my own)
  • Avon Eyeliner
  • Avon Mascara
  • Morgana Cryptoria Coraline’s Kiss 
  • Covergirl dark brown shadow to shade brows (this should match your brow color)

Optional:

  • Urban Decay Potion Primer for setting eye shadow

The look:


1. Start by applying a light facial moisturizer, and then apply your foundation, blush, and whatever else you use personally. I do my brows before my eye shadow. To do this I fill them in with a small brush and a shade of eye shadow that matches my brows. If you’re going to apply eye shadow primer, you’ll want to do it now.

2. Apply the DHD eye shadows in this area, starting with the lightest color, Tequila Sunrise:


3. Continue to add the rest of the colors from the inside of the eye, out, blending as you go.

4. Now apply Paparazzi along this area to blend the top of the shadows and highlight the brow:


5. Finish by applying eyeliner to your top and bottom lid, and apply mascara to your top lashes. Finalize the look by adding a colorful lipstick



I’m not the best at tutorials, but you have to start somewhere right? I hope this tutorial will at least give you some ideas to try on your own.

-Tina
http://www.etsy.com/shop/darkheartdesign

2 comments:

Post a Comment